Welcome! Our team here at Uptown Orthodontics appreciates the opportunity to be your orthodontic provider and we are very eager to meet you and your family. Straightening teeth and transforming smiles is what we do and we can’t wait to prove our expertise to you and those you love!
What to expect at your first visits:
Your initial appointment at our office will take approximately 60 minutes. The goal of this visit is to gather important information about your teeth and your bite, and to begin to determine what type of orthodontic care might be best for you.
Please be prepared for the following components of our initial appointment:
- review of new patient forms (these forms will be emailed or mailed to you after booking your initial appointment, and must be completed prior to your visit)
- photographs of your face and teeth will be taken
- x-rays and/or an intraoral 3D scan of your teeth may be captured as determined necessary
- opportunity will exist to ask preliminary questions about insurance, payment plans, and scheduling
Following the introductory information-gathering visit explained above, your orthodontist will review your case in detail and work hard to develop a treatment plan including a variety of options that will lead to a great result. Your second appointment in our office will be a consultation appointment in which you will have the opportunity to meet with your treating doctor in person to learn about his recommendations in detail. This 40 minute doctor visit will be booked at the conclusion of your initial visit and will typically occur 2-3 weeks later. In special cases, we will schedule the doctor consultation to occur immediately following the information gathering appointment.
At the end of the doctor visit, you will be provided with the following information:
- whether orthodontic treatment is recommended
- the best time to begin treatment
- treatment options available
- estimated treatment duration
- treatments costs
The cost of the doctor consultation is $95. If you have privately-held orthodontic insurance coverage, this cost would be applicable for reimbursement but we cannot complete this on your behalf as we do not direct bill insurance companies.